I have been invited to take part in the super-intersting webinar POWER TO CO-PRODUCE: Careful power distribution in collaborative city-making, hosted on September 14th 2020 by Burcu Ateş, Predrag Milić, Laura Sobral and Sabine Knierbein at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Urban Culture and Public Space (SKUOR), Technische Universität Wien.
As part of a session on ‘co-production practices’, I will be sharing 15′ of my research on Democratising Urban Infrastructures: The technical democracy of accessibility urbanism
Text of the webinar
Whether you are a student or an urban scholar, an activist or a local community leader, a decision-maker or a policy designer, please register and take part in this collective attempt to widen up the debate on collaborative city-making by exploring its multiple interrelated dimensions.
This open webinar is an attempt to establish a dialogical relationship between different perspectives on the interplay of power relations and collaborative city-making processes focusing on local processes of co-production and civic engagement, particularly of the marginalised communities. By recognising (1) practices, (2) pedagogies and (3) policies, and interrelations among the involved actors and institutions, it is expected to broaden debates on participatory collaboration in city-making processes.
14th September 2020 (08:45 – 16:00 CET)
Session 1 – co-production practices (09:30 – 11:00 CET)
- Burcu Yiğit Turan, Ass. Prof. Dr., Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Turkey-Sweden
- Jelena Joksimović, MA, Skograd Collective Belgrade, Montenegro-Serbia
- Tomás Criado, Dr., Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Spain-Germany
Session 2 – co-production pedagogies (11:30 – 13:00 CET)
- Sonja Petrus Spamer, BArch, University of Cape Town, Cape Town
- Daniela Brasil, Dr., König Brasil, Brazil-Austria
- Yelta Köm and Merve Gül Özokcu, Architecture for All Association, Turkey-Germany/Turkey
Session 3 – co-production policies (14:00 – 15:30 CET)
- Renato Cymbalista, Prof Dr., Lab OUTROS, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Paula Marques, Councilor for Local Development and Housing in the Municipality of Lisbon, Portugal
- Gabriella Gomez Mont, Director of The Urban Task Force, Mexico City, Mexico-USA
For taking part in the webinar, please register until 10th September via email to email@example.com
This event is realized in the course of the KTH + TU Wien Visiting Professorship Program in Urban Studies 2019-2021 and will be featured by the AESOP Thematic Group for Public Spaces and Urban Cultures.